Blogs > Lighten Up With Angeline Hoefer

Angeline Hoefer of Willoughby has a simple reason she wants to lose weight - family. She longs to travel to see those spread out across the country and dreams of the ease with which she can make it happen if she if she loses weight. She is working to become healthy enough to take part in the Heart Walk in May, in memory of her late grandson.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Starting late

 

I am really excited about being part of the lighten up group, but unfortunately right as I got started a few personal issues popped up.  Isn’t that always the way things happen.  So here I am several weeks into the program and I am really just starting.  I am a hard worker though and I believe I can turn things around. 

 

My first stumbling block was figuring out what I wanted to eat for breakfast.  Now I feel that is the only meal I don’t have to worry about.  I switch between yogurt with blueberries and eggbeaters with and orange and wheat tortilla.  I do love to eat, but putting the right things together is hard for me.  I don’t really like to grocery shop and naturally I am always hungry when I go to the store.  Last week I found some muesli at Big Lots.  It is all natural and really very good.  Just a ¼ of a cup of the mix with a ¼ of a cup of water, heat it up and it is very filling.

 

Over the years I can honestly say I never liked to exercise.  (I really still don’t!)  However, I am learning to just do it and not think about the fact that I really don’t like it.  I have to make arrangements though because if I leave it up to me to just go out and walk, it won’t happen.  Currently I am walking on a treadmill at work, working out with a trainer on Wednesday evenings at Slim and Fit in Mayfield and attending a boot camp at the same place on Tuesday.  I am going to try to take advantage of all the free stuff we have available while it lasts so I will go to the Y this weekend and register.  I can actually walk to the Y from home so I hope to make that a habit.

 

I have a good support system and I have found by getting my family to wear pedometers it is fun to see who can walk the furthest each day.  Typically I walk between 6,000 and 8,000 steps.  Yesterday was the first time I went over the 10,000 step mark.  I was so excited I was calling people at 9:30 at night. 

 

Now that my mind is getting in gear, I plan to read other blogs and try to stay positive.  Need to go – till later!

 

Angie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home